Dates at a Glance
Wednesday, 10/20—Board Meeting 6:00 PM
Friday, 10/29—Last day for picture orders!!!
Friday, November 5th—Día de los Muertos (More details to come)
Thursday, 11/11—Veteran’s Day NO SCHOOL—Yes, we do have school on Friday 11/12
Día de los Muertos
Friday, November 5th at 6:00 PM
Come join the community and the magic of the Día de los Muertos event. This special all-school event promises to be a warm, colorful, heartfelt celebration! All of our students have been working hard learning poems and music, making commemorative artwork and building beautiful altars in remembrance of their loved ones and ancestors. To make this happen and be a success for our kids, we need the support of the VCS community.
· Marigolds, sunflowers (real, paper, silk…any and all are appreciated)
· White twinkle lights
· Battery LED Candles, and LED tea light candles for the luminaries
For the next three weeks you morning greeters will be collecting your donations at the drop off.
Volunteers needed for:
1. Setting up the day before and the day of the event (all volunteers should provide verification of vaccination or a negative test result to the office prior to come in).
2. More details in the sign up sheet or contact Crisarlin Vázquez email@example.com
Clothing: Please make sure that your child is dressed and ready when you arrive. Students and their families are encouraged to dress in traditional (but not scary) skeleton attire with painted faces. Take care to read emails and notes sent home from the teachers regarding costuming for this festival. Skeleton stencil example.
Skull face painting. Students just need to paint their entire face white, being careful not to get any in the eyes. Using face paint, black eyeliner or black eye shadow, paint the sockets of your eyes black, creating a circle around each eye. Note: All kids and family members are required to wear face masks during the event.
Food: No potluck this year. Please, feed your kids before the event. (See special donations at the signup sheet)
COVID Symptoms and Testing
If your child has any COVID or Flu-like symptoms:
Loss of taste/smell
1) Keep your child home
2) Call the school and tell us what symptoms your child is experiencing
3) Have your child PCR tested—we must have proof of a negative PCR test before your child can return to school.
I appreciate your patience and cooperation as we work together to keep everyone safe. Please see the website for more information. Free testing at https://curative.com/
Thank you to Scott Chapman for taking the time to fix the cubby door in Mr. Robbins’ classroom!
The 2021-2022 VCS Yearbook
Early Bird Discount Prices
October: $19 (5% off)
Regular Price: $20
Hardcover upgrades are available for an additional $6.95
To Purchase and Customize Your Yearbook
1. Go to www.treering.com/validate
2. Enter our passcode: 1014724174042747