Village Charter School is seeking an outdoorsy individual to support the TK Teacher in building, maintaining and supervising an OUTDOOR TK program to begin in the 23/24 school year.
We are looking for an individual who:
● Enjoys being outdoors in all weather (and is willing to do so)
● Has a curiosity and love for nature
● Can maintain a safe and nurturing learning environment (including maintenance of the outdoor environment and the supervision of students)
● Can interact with children of varying ages (4-13)
● Can assist the teacher in preparing and cleaning up activities and maintaining an organized classroom (indoors and outdoors)
● Is comfortable building meaningful relationships within the classroom
● Is creative
● Is a lifelong learner
● Is willing to receive mentoring and direction from the Teacher
Bonus if you:
● Speak multiple languages
● Are knowledgeable in gardening, native plants/creatures, or other nature focused knowledge
● Have experience or education in Early Childhood Studies
● Can play an instrument, sing, dance, or offer any other creative skill set
Please send a Resume AND Cover Letter that answers the following:
1) What is your background?
2) Why are you interested in working in an Outdoor Early Childhood classroom?
Your cover letter (including the above questions with answers) and resume should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with CLASSROOM AIDE in the subject line.
Please do not call the office regarding this position.