IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ
· Please take time to read our weekly bulletin. This is our main way of communicating important dates and information.
· Another reminder that we need everyone to pull forward during drop off and pick up. DO NOT stop in front of the NWP office.
· Please try to remember our policies regarding food, clothing, party invitations, etc. Our handbook is posted on our website if you have any questions.
Thursday 3/3—PA Meeting 8:45 AM on VCS campus
Friday 3/4—No School
Wednesday 3/16—VCS Board Meeting 6:00 PM
8th Annual Creek Clean-a-thon!
Check out our website for more information on how you can support this year’s event and help us reach our goal!
Excitement is beginning to build… Don’t forget to SAVE THE DATE! It’s time to start planning for the Village Charter School’s 8th Annual Creek Clean-a-Thon on Saturday, April 23th.
Have a special passion for our school’s environmental mission? Want to help spread the word about our commitment to environmental education and community? Once again, we have a very special opportunity to support our children’s environmental awareness and education WHILE serving our larger Santa Rosa community AND raising critical funds. All while having tons of fun!
Through this event, in just the last eight years, our students and community have cleared 2,430 POUNDS of trash from Santa Rosa’s creeks.
We are asking students, their families, and our VCS community to participate in three ways:
1. RAISE DONATIONS: Ask your family and friends to support our creek cleanup work through donations. If each student manages just $100 in donations, we can easily reach our goal of $10,000 for our school! You can email or text this link to them: http://www.creekcleanathon.villagecharterschool.com/
2. JOIN TOGETHER: We are looking for local Community/Business sponsors who would be interested in making a tax-deductible donation toward our event (and having their business featured in our event promotions and on our event tee shirts). If you want to sponsor this event or you know a business that may be willing to support this event, go here: Sponsorship Form and Sponsorship Letter
3. FEEL AMAZING: Attend the event and be the “people-power” cleaning the creek. Even if you cannot attend the cleanup day, please still promote our school’s efforts by collecting donations in support of the event.
Updated Covid Guidelines*
*We are anticipating an update from SCOE and SCDPH on February 28th. I will keep the school community posted on any changes to COVID guidelines as they come.