Dates at a Glance
Wednesday 3/16—VCS Board Meeting 6:00 PM
SPRING BREAK WEEK! Monday, March 21st through Friday, March 25th.
MASKS IN SCHOOL
Gov. Gavin Newsom announced the lifting of the state’s mask mandate for public and private schools to take effect after Friday, March 11. At Thursday’s Special Board Meeting, the VCS board voted to follow the state and county recommendations. Starting Monday, March 14, children, regardless of vaccination status, will no longer be required to wear masks at school. Even though California will no longer require masks to be worn in classrooms, masks will be strongly recommended for students. We ask that you take some time this weekend to talk with your child(ren) about your family’s choice regarding masking indoors. I have no doubt that the VCS community will handle this next transition with kindness, respect, and grace.
VCS Creek Clean-a-thon
Put your spare change towards a great cause!
Not sure what to do with your pennies or loose change?
Bring them to your classroom teacher and fill your classroom jar.
All proceeds will go to support our Creek Clean-a-thon fundraiser.
· Starting Monday, March 14th, jars will be in each classroom
· At the end of the day on Friday, April 1st, all loose change will be counted
· When our first goal of $5,000 is reached, the middle schoolers will provide lunch for the school
Start saving your change—it can make a big difference!
8th Annual Creek Clean-a-thon!
Check out our website for more information on how you can support this year’s event and help us reach our goal!
Excitement is beginning to build… Don’t forget to SAVE THE DATE! It’s time to start planning for the Village Charter School’s 8th Annual Creek Clean-a-Thon on Saturday, April 23rd.
Have a special passion for our school’s environmental mission? Want to help spread the word about our commitment to environmental education and community? Once again, we have a very special opportunity to support our children’s environmental awareness and education WHILE serving our larger Santa Rosa community AND raising critical funds. All while having tons of fun!
Through this event, in just the last eight years, our students and community have cleared 2,430 POUNDS of trash from Santa Rosa’s creeks.
We are asking students, their families, and our VCS community to participate in three ways:
1. RAISE DONATIONS: Ask your family and friends to support our creek cleanup work through donations. If each student manages just $100 in donations, we can easily reach our goal of $10,000 for our school! You can email or text this link to them: http://www.creekcleanathon.villagecharterschool.com/
2. JOIN TOGETHER: We are looking for local Community/Business sponsors who would be interested in making a tax-deductible donation toward our event (and having their business featured in our event promotions and on our event tee shirts). If you want to sponsor this event or you know a business that may be willing to support this event, go here: Sponsorship Form and Sponsorship Letter
3. FEEL AMAZING: Attend the event and be the “people-power” cleaning the creek. Even if you cannot attend the cleanup day, please still promote our school’s efforts by collecting donations in support of the event.
SPRING BREAK TEST KITS
The state has provided us with another round of test kits for students. VCS will distribute the kits on Thursday, March 17th at the end of the day. Students that are absent can pick their kits up from the office on Friday, March 18th.
We request that students use one of the Rapid Tests on Sunday evening (March 27th) before returning to school on Monday the 28th. Please communicate any positive results to the school following quarantine protocol.
In addition, the USPS is now allowing households to order their second set of Covid tests, free of charge, delivered to their home. Go to: https://special.usps.com/testkits to order your free additional kits.